AspenTech is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing – including oil and gas, petroleum, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimizing their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. In addition, the launch of the Asset Performance Management (APM) suite supports corporate reliability initiatives, taking an analytics-driven approach to asset availability. It combines deep process modeling expertise with real time big data to extend asset life and effectiveness. APM enables you to accurately predict and eliminate the root cause of all failures, so the only downtime you experience is the downtime you plan.
We are looking to hire a Principal Solution Consultant to join our consulting team in Pune. The consulting team is tasked with supporting the sales process with knowledge of the AspenTech products and services, value definition and industry vertical knowledge as well as developing and maintaining key relationships with AspenTech's clients and prospects. The candidate will be responsible for working with our account managers and the technical community within our clients.
The successful candidate must have strong business acumen and customer interaction skills. The role requires the ability to understand customer challenges and industry drivers, formulate potential solutions from Aspen's portfolio, build and justify the business case for client investment, and provide support to the direct sales force in the sales process.
· Apply consultative skills via virtual customer interface to identify customer problems and understand their business and operational issues. Facilitate customer understanding of our aspenONE solution technical functionality, value creation and business process improvement.
· Articulate the overall solution and provide the vision with an understanding of the customer's business and technology needs, AspenTech's previous successes and the competitive landscape.
· Support the account team remotely to develop the account strategy based on the industry and client business environment. Refine the solution and vision messages for the overall project and work with other team members to develop presentation materials that effectively communicate these messages, leading clients to action.
· Participate and/or lead customer consulting engagements to facilitate sales, including demonstrations, training, value assessments, and technical seminars. Proactively support pipeline development (e.g. account planning, awareness sessions, etc) and sales execution for assigned accounts and opportunities.
· Participate and/or lead training content development to support growth initiatives and customer success.
· Accountable for achieving personal targets such as productivity, opportunity development, bookings, growth initiatives and other customer success related targets.
· Challenge customer’s current way of doing business to drive results.
· B.S. in Engineering with 8-10 years practical experience in consulting, technology, and/or industry.
· Experience in the process or manufacturing industries.
· Ability to lead cross functional teams and manage multiple priorities under pressure.
· Fast learner with a desire/motivation to learn cutting-edge new technologies.
· Creative problem solver.
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
· Strong business acumen. Adept at performing customer interviews, identifying improvement opportunities, and overcoming resistance to change. Ability to assess and articulate customer value creation.
· Expert w/ Refining Process Background
· Strong knowledge and experience in Pre-test best practices, control designs and PID loop tuning
· Strong knowledge and experience in the application of Aspen DMCplus and related APC technologies.
AspenTech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.