We are looking for a Sr. Principal Business Consultant with process industry experience to provide consultative sales support for Aspen's Supply Chain Management (SCM) solutions. The successful candidate must have strong business acumen and customer interaction skills. The role requires the ability to understand customer challenges and industry drivers, formulate potential solutions from Aspen's SCM portfolio, build and justify the business case for client investment, and provide support to the direct sales force in the sales process.
· Lead technical sales support for assigned opportunities to maximize product growth. Articulate the value of AspenTech's overall solutions to process industry customers.
· Apply consultative skills in customer-facing situations to identify customer problems and understand their business issues. Facilitate customer understanding of SCM solution technical functionality, value creation, and business process improvement.
· Participate and/or lead customer consulting engagements to facilitate sales, including workshops, value assessments, and seminars.
· Deliver technical presentations to customers, and can answer detailed questions. Perform software demonstrations for customers as required.
· Develop commercial proposals for assigned opportunities. Respond to RFI/RFQ/RFP questionnaires as required.
· Proactively support pipeline development (e.g. account planning, awareness sessions, etc.) and sales execution for assigned accounts and opportunities. Execute campaigns to grow SCM revenue within assigned accounts.
· Act as a business partner to sales account managers in strategic and tactical planning activities
· Accountable for achieving targets such as productivity, bookings and other Business Consulting related metrics.
· B.S. in Engineering, preferably MS or PhD in Operations Research.
· Minimum of 10 year’s practical experience in consulting, industry, or technology.
· Deep knowledge of process industry supply chain problems, supply chain business processes, and enabling technologies.
· Strong business acumen, with ability to assess and articulate customer value creation.
· Adept at performing customer interviews, mapping “As-Is” to “To-Be” business process, developing business cases, and overcoming resistance to change.
· Flexibility to travel (50%)
· Process industry experience preferred.
Aspen Tech is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.