Aspen Technology is the world's leading supplier of software for optimizing process engineering and manufacturing. Our products are used by tens of thousands of engineers every day to improve the design and operations of their plants and refineries. AspenTech’s customer list (over 1700 companies) includes the world’s leading companies such as ExxonMobil, Shell, Dow Chemicals and BASF. In addition, our products are taught in the Chemical Engineering curriculum of over 700 Universities around the world.
We are looking for experienced and talented individuals interested in the development of planning and scheduling solutions for the process industries. Strong software development skills, understanding of refinery and petrochemical processes, as well as modeling and optimization principles are important skills. Understanding of supply chain and distribution modeling is a plus.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable operating successfully at the interface of process systems engineering, computer science, and operations research.
• Design, coding, implementation, and testing of software applications and components with primary focus in the areas of distribution, planning & scheduling and supply chain optimization.
• Work with other team members to develop designs, use cases, architecture and specification documents for our products.
• Work with Customer Support and Quality Engineering teams regarding customer and product issues as well as integration testing.
• Analyze customer requirements and develop technical specifications.
• Participating in the maintenance and enhancement of the existing code base.
• Keep current with new and developing technologies as they appear in industry and academia, and assist in determining the feasibility of implementing new technologies.
• Provide technical support to product management, product marketing, services, customer and business support on customer activities.
• Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in the development and practical application of innovative software solutions in industrial and business settings.
• Experience in C#, .NET, .NET Core, MVC, ASP.NET, Web API2, Web Services.
• Strong computer programming and software development experience with C++ and MFC.
• Experience with SQL Server Database and Oracle Databases
• Knowledge of T-SQL and PL-SQL
• Practical experience in container and cloud solutions is a plus. Knowledge of Docker, Azure and AWS is a plus.
• Practical experience in the area of process systems engineering and developing complex applications for refining and petrochemical planning and scheduling is a plus.
• Ability to effectively contribute to multi-disciplinary research, development, and software project teams.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
• Knowledge of AspenTech products, especially Aspen Petroleum Scheduler, Aspen Multi-Period Blend Optimizer, or Aspen PIMS is desirable.
• An advanced degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science, specializing in one the following: process modeling, planning & scheduling, operations research, mathematical programming and optimization is a plus.
• A track record of championing new ideas and technology is a plus.
• English fluency (written and verbal) is required.
• Strong problem solving ability is required.
• Working well in a team environment is required.
AspenTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit us at www.aspentech.com.