The Senior Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for coordinating the execution of creative projects submitted by internal clients and covering a wide range of marketing deliverables, including global and regional events, collateral, integrated campaigns, website support and digital marketing including web, social and video.
In this role, the ideal candidate will manage multiple creative projects supporting marketing and corporate activities simultaneously, ensuring that each is completed on time and on budget, meet client objectives and adhere to the strict quality and standards of the AspenTech brand. Candidates will be expected to work well independently, as well as in a collaborative environment and possess strong writing and editing skills along with a good sense of design and branding.
• Works closely with in-house and third-party resources to take creative projects from concept and development to final delivery — providing guidance on messaging, copywriting and design as necessary ensuring deliverables are on message and on brand
• MarCom point person responsible for managing email production, collaborating with Marketing Operations team and Marketing Programs Managers
• Participates in client meetings to better understand project objectives and recommends viable alternatives to achieve similar goals
• Manages production plans for marketing and corporate materials by establishing project schedules, identifying stakeholders and accountabilities and identifying necessary resources and budget requirements
• Effectively prioritizes MarCom job requests based on company and marketing goals, managing expectations appropriately
• Understands key requirements of each deliverable and skillfully coordinates the creation of promotional digital materials and event components — including the production schedule, review process and final posting — to a customer event including email, website content, advertising, signage and collateral
• Provides detailed reports and analysis that includes quantitative results (e.g., production and design budget hours, time from initial request to completion, comparative agency costs, etc.)
• Liaises with various Managers, Directors and Sr. Management to ensure that materials produced are of the highest quality, reflect corporate guidelines, ensure consistency of voice, and meet functional end-to-end marketing needs
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or a related field
• 5+ years of marketing communications experience, developing digital marketing materials and email, web content and sales collateral for multiple audiences
• Strong messaging/branding background with experience defining and enforcing editorial and visual guidelines
• Excellent copywriting and copyediting skills, with the ability to write crisp, succinct copy
“on message” and edit based on AP style for print and digital materials
• Background in the use of multimedia and new media types in marketing communications
• Demonstrated success creating web-related and other digital marketing materials
• Proven marketing management success in a B2B environment, including establishment and tracking of key metrics.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to coordinate information and resources from multiple functional areas
• Results oriented, with strong drive, initiative and sense of urgency to achieve company and team goals and objectives
• Excellent computer skills; proficient in MS Office, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat; familiarity with Adobe CS and CMS systems with SiteCore experience a plus.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience within the high-tech industry, preferably B2B software solutions
• Experience working with and implementing a new branded voice and tone
• Experience collaborating with product marketing teams in a technical, engineering-