Aspen Technology, Inc. is a global leader in process control, design and optimization software. Our Advanced Process Control (APC) software controls more than half of all plants around the world that use APC technology. We constantly drive innovation in our products to remain the industry leading engineering technology company for the process industries.
We are seeking a Technical Support Consultant to join our industry leading APC team. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of chemical engineering principles and be able to learn new concepts quickly. The candidate should be an innovative thinker, demonstrate high initiative, have great communication skills and work to the highest ethical standards.
Aspen Technology, Inc. offers a thorough training program to develop our technology leaders of tomorrow. Through classroom training, mentored hands-on work with varied Process Control projects and real-world customer problem solving engineers can quickly gain rich industry experience.
Aspen Technology, Inc. is looking for the right candidate to fill this important position. This is a long-term career with opportunity for growth and development in a cutting-edge engineering technology company. Prior experience with Process Control is preferred, but not required.
- Assignments will be varied. Your time will be divided between solving customer technical support problems with our APC software via telephone/web, implementing APC projects, delivering high quality training on our APC product line and other department projects as needed.
- Drive improvement in our APC software. Provide your own ideas and bring customer feedback to the R&D team to make our products better.
- Serve as a technical expert and provide technical leadership in several specialized areas within our APC technical support team after attaining sufficient experience.
- Develop and maintain APC training course materials and curriculum to include newly released functionality and the latest trends in Process Control implementation methodology.
- Author white paper solution articles for publication to the user community through our support web knowledge base.
- Travel to customer sites if required. Travel is usually less than 25% and may occasionally be international.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Prior experience with Process Control is a preferred, but not required. University level projects may count towards experience.
- Hands-on problem solving skills with a drive to deliver quality work
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Be able to work well in diverse teams composed of people with varied backgrounds
Aspen Tech is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.