The Director, Inside sales is responsible for the overall sales growth strategies and results of Aspen SMB (Small and Medium Business) in EURA.
The incumbent plans and directs all sales and pipeline growing activities including planning and implementing forecasts, staffing, training of the sales force, establishing short and long term goals in line with corporate objectives, and manages a team of Inside Sales Account Managers (iSAMs). The Director, Inside Sales objectives may include a combination of renewing and growing the installed base of accounts and closing new logo business.
• Achieves assigned personal and team quarterly/annual sales quota and pipeline in assigned accounts and regions.
• Promotes the sale of AspenTech’s Small Medium Business (SMB) offering as well as enterprise token offerings.
• Manages day-to-day operation and oversight of team by providing sales guidance, planning, and rigor around forecasting, building pipeline, executing and following up on marketing generated demand generation activity, inbound sales activity and managing customer interaction through our CRM system.
• Leverage AspenTech Customer Centric Selling (CCS) methodologies to advance and close deals.
• Articulate solution business value to customers. Coordinate and work with Aspentech Order Operations and Finance Operations to advance deals.
• Gather market information from multiple sources, to analyze competition and consumer/market trends.
• Ensure effective use of all Marketing provided external customer-facing collateral and internal assets.
• Understands the customer's business priorities and initiatives. Ability to discuss relevant trends and priorities integrating industry knowledge and solution knowledge.
• Positions AspenTech capabilities in customer terms with passion and enthusiasm.
• Effectively negotiate which is consistent with AspenTech’s overall strategy and business interests.
• Exhibit knowledge of industry value chains, business performance, key trends, and investment drivers.
• Demonstrate effective selling and prospecting techniques to influence the customer with significant focus on prospecting/new customer acquisition.
• Coordinate opportunities with solution partners as required.
Coaching and Mentoring
• Coach iSAMs to achieve assigned quota via a combination of renewal business and new customer acquisition.
• Coach iSAMs to develop unique, relevant and compelling business propositions in support of prospecting for new business and competitive displacement.
• Reinforce and monitor the use of customer centric benefit assessments.
• Hire, train and manage iSAMs and ensure they are informed of company and regional initiatives.
• Effectively work with HR to drive and maintain a proactive recruiting strategy that identifies high quality talent in a timely manner. Evaluate talent against AspenTech competencies.
• Training and coaching in key AspenTech processes and behaviors including the AspenTech Customer Centric Sales (CCS) methodologies, Account management, Customer Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR),Corporate and regional growth metrics, Use and understanding of the “Sales Tool Kit,” SMB Offering, CRM standards and all sales support residing in the AspenTech Knowledge Base.
• Provide performance feedback on a regular basis that informs and motivates. This includes timely preparation and delivery of performance evaluations, goal-setting documents, informal “check-ins”, team meetings, etc.
• Ensure team goals are properly aligned to corporate objectives.
• Clear and well-articulated territory or vertical plan.
• Overall ownership of the Deal Model process for assigned clients. This includes responsibility for
proposals, contracts and pricing approval for licenses and professional services.
• Manage day-to-day sales process, coordinate account meetings, and effectively use Pre-Sales and Technical Support Resources.
• Manage to expected performance metrics, i.e., customer meetings per week, calls per day/week; activities per day/week
• Ensure timely and accurate input of required data into the CRM and time management systems.
• Accurately and timely completion of all reports and forecasts.
• Ensure compliance with AspenTech policies and procedures at all times.
• Proven success in sales function.
• Experience of management.
• Consistent history of meeting/exceeding quota and pipeline expectation a must.
• Clear track record of leading a team to close large/complex sales opportunities.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate customer benefits through financial analysis.
• Demonstrated success at establishing and cultivating "C" level consultative relationships.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong business acumen.
• Self-discipline and motivation to produce individual and team results.
• Familiarity with Aspen or similar products highly desirable.
• Executive presence and demeanor with consultative/execution relationship building selling skills a must.