AspenTech is seeking a Senior Level position within our Global Professional Services organization based as part of the AspenTech consulting practice in our Houston, Texas office. The position will provide consulting to clients implementing our proprietary Manufacturing Supply Chain software packages – more specifically Chemical Supply Chain software. The successful individual will join the team as senior principal consultant member responsible for undertaking consulting services for AspenTech clients in chemical industries, polymer industries, pharmaceutical industries, as well as petroleum industries with opportunities to engage in projects in North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific regions.
Technical leadership on AspenTech Supply Chain Management implementation projects. This includes:
· Gathering customer requirements and translating those into high-level solution designs for aspenONE supply chain family (Aspen Demand Manager, Aspen Supply Chain Planner, Aspen Plant Scheduler, and Aspen Supply Chain Connect).
· Building, updating, troubleshooting, running, and interpreting optimizable planning models for plants.
· Deliver technical documents such as Functional Specifications, Detailed Design Documents, as well as Site Acceptance Test Documents
· Be confident, capable and have the ability to play a proactive role even a leading role on projects. Demonstrate collaboration with AspenTech Project Manager, involving technical to non-technical aspects of the project.
· Formulating business processes to support the systems.
· Working with clients to implement the systems.
· Commissioning the completed systems which may require on site monitoring and analysis.
· Participation in commercial proposal development and testing of software upgrades.
· Provide training as needed to customer or facilitate formal training classes.
· 7 - 12 years of work or graduate programs experience implementing supply chain systems in the process industry.
· Linear and integer programming modeling expertise.
· Experience with implementation of production scheduling heuristics.
· Ability to travel (typical 25%-50% travel on a calendar basis).
· Process and economic understanding and experience in related field.
· multi project experience serving as a technical lead in systems implementations.
· Strong technical programming background is a plus.
· Experience with systems integration is a nice to have.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated leadership capabilities in previous endeavors
· Fluent in English. Bi-lingual skills are a plus
· Experience with Aspen Technology SCM software listed above is a plus.
Aspen Tech is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
AspenTech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.