AspenTech is seeking a public relations pro to join our PR team and help drive the story of how we deliver value as the world’s leading supplier of asset optimization software solutions. The US-based team member will be part of a company obsessed with innovation and continuous improvement — starting with AspenTech’s MIT roots and continuing with our scores of product industry firsts and our extraordinarily talented employees who ask “what if” questions every day… stretching the boundaries of what’s possible is part of our DNA.
Aspen Technology is the world's leading supplier of software for optimizing process engineering and manufacturing. Our products are used by tens of thousands of engineers every day to improve the design and operations of their plants and refineries. AspenTech’s customer list (over 1700 companies) includes the world’s leading companies such as ExxonMobil, Shell, Dow Chemicals and BASF. In addition, our products are taught in the Chemical Engineering curriculum of over 700 Universities around the world. Visit us at www.aspentech.com.
The PR specialist will be expected to bring strong functional and technical media relations and communications skills to this role and applying strategic thinking and executing effectively to deliver a track record of sustained accomplishments. Key to success will be the ability to influence without authority and help evolve the US PR program within a fast moving corporate culture and industry.
- Ensure AspenTech messaging is reflected in the US media relations program
- Manage media relations – execute opportunities including spokesperson development and preparation, scheduling and follow up and directly manage day-to-day activities with the PR agency team in collaboration with the Director of PR and AR”
- Develop supporting materials including news releases and other content
- Collaborate with PR leads in EMEA and APAC as well as engage directly with the PR agency team
- Establish PR success metrics and tracking
- Create, manage and distribute reporting
- 3-5 years of communications, PR and AR experience; B2B technology experience strongly preferred
- Ability to coordinate with larger PR and Marketing team, including the integration of digital and social programs into PR, and execute seamlessly across multiple projects with success
- Media relations experience in both trade and business press
- Strong editor and writer
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach to PR
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive
- Bachelor’s Degree
AspenTech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.